My Love My Life

My Love My Life
Dream big, earn it, enjoy life

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Japan Trip Day 2! (Kyoto) #Throwback

20 December 2016

Second day! Kyoto. 
We start of the day early as usual. We walked from where we stayed to the kyoto station for breakfast. We decided to eat at the same place where we did when we first time came to Japan. Lipton shop. xD.
Their breakfast set is always worth it for me. They have breads, eggs, bacon, egg benedicts, pancakes, salads as sides, "big breakfast", ham and etc. Its wonderful. I just love their pancakes and egg Benedict, no reason hahaha. 







After breakfast, we take the train to Arashiyama Bamboo Forest. Of course we still had to walk a short distance to the bamboo forest from the station. It's not really a problem since the weather is cooling~. Ones we reach that area, there are a few shop lots side by side, selling candies, ice creams, snacks, nicknacks and others. Very peaceful. 













The pictures below shown that we entered a park. It is located in the bamboo forest itself. You won't miss it as it is along the way.















We walked quite a stretch. It was quiet and peaceful. Even with that amount of tourist there, it was still not that noisy. When we reached the end, we stop by at a small station, (where the scenic train stops), and have a little snack xD. DANGO! haha. and Sweet potato. Yumm, perfect day, perfect weather to just munch on those hot sweet potatoes. Warm us up.


After resting, we walked back to the Saga-Arashiyama station to get tickets for the scenic train.






HAHA, christmas moooood '






Ma, where are u looking at :/








 Hehe, my dad and bro were cold, sat near the heater. 



I did not know how the photo turned out to be since they used flash, I dont hate it thou ':D. (need to pay them of course). 
We sat all the way to the last station as planned. It was called Kameoko, I think LOL. 



 

The view was extraordinary but the wind or breeze is super cold cause it was also drizzling at the moment. ><. Definitely recommend anyone who considering on going, sit the scenic train till end of this route, its worth it. After taking in the cold air, we ran back into the station building, lol. The cold was beginning to be unbearable. We head inside to find a place to sit, to relax awhile before starting our journey by foot to their subway station. It was the only shop open, luckily. We ordered abit of food and hot drinks. 




 

It was quite amount of walk to the station. But when we were in Japan, we didnt mind the long walks, the other reason is, it was cold xD. If it was hot, i think we would just give in at some point. We walked to another place called Ukyo-ku? And Nagagyo-ku, i hope I'm right, i wrote it down on my book. lol. The street fill with shops, I got my ice cream, yummm. And you will never get bored, walking down the streets of Japan, no matter where is it. Hahahaha. Well, for me I dont think its boring. :P. There's stuff to see or stop to look at, to buy or to try. Sight-seeing, even their rivers are interesting (ok, that's probably going abit far but, I love Japan 😁).




















Breathtaking. 

The next destination: Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto. A market. The buildings outside the market looks like the ones in Europe. The stone like structure tall building. The market of course alot of seafoods, flowers, meats, desserts, shoes, bags and others. It stretches across the street, an alley. Quite long, the distance. 





































Long day, long walk, but all worth it. Maybe not for some, who don't like to walk all day lol. My family and I hardly go for shopping sessions, we mostly walk and sight-see. Next we went to Potoncho street to find FOOD 😄. Dark alley, but does not make me feel unsafe or scared. There are people walking around that alley. (Bought a pancake? or dorayaki, on the way to Potoncho street, not bad~). We found a small shop, I forgot whats the name but if you were in that street, you wont be able to miss it. lol. has the view of their river. Food was not bad. Sadly, I didn't take picture of all of the food. Delicious pork meat. (My salmon <3 font="">










Well, that's all for day 2 of this Japan trip. Went back to our Airbnb place after dinner of course. Tired, but fun. Never a dull moment.





No comments: